Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ballin'


A few weeks ago, I received an email at work stating that QMM plays basketball on Saturdays. I set about trying to figure who and where. Not sure if they played the week before or not, but I found a guy (Olivio) who played and he agreed to go with me. When we arrived, there was no one there....then people started showing up.

My expectations were.....well, very low. When the averag height is barely above 5 feet, I didn't expect much. However, the tallest Malgache decided to come....and he was actually pretty good.

Also, I didn't bring my basketball shoes, since I assumed that I would never play ball in Mada. Big mistake! I tried using an old pair of hiking shoes but the soles are coming apart and they nearly tripped me a hundred times.

However, the biggest surprise was that they are really good. The tall guy was pretty good and the smaller ones had some pretty good skills. After playing at one of our "camps" we went downtown to play with the other locals. It was an interesting game, because they had "officials" calling fouls, etc. I learned how to say traveling (marche that's an accent grave on the e). So, now I need to find some shoes big enough for my feet.

Its been raining a lot lately, but I hope it clears up for the weekend.

Ohh and the photo is just of some people that I swear were going to fall off the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment