Thursday, March 19, 2009

Adventures so far........

Apparently, the Malagasi are never in a hurry to get stuff done.........I didn't receive my flight tickets until about 4 days before leaving.

However, I was able to travel in international business class........once you've done that you will never, ever want to fly economy. Kind of a double edged sword.

So, my plan was to fly to Paris on the 13th (arriving the 14th)....then leave on the 17th to Antananarivo (capitol of Madagascar) and then leave the 18th to Fort Dauphin (final destination for 6 months)...........however Air France changed the flight to leave the night of the 17th instead of the morning and so I missed the connection and now have to stay in Tana until the 20th.

In case you haven't been following the political situation in Madagascar here's a link:

link

So, obviously I wanted to minimize time in Tana. Alas, I leave early on the 20th, and haven't had any problems at all here. Actually the hotel is decent.......better than some hostels I've stayed in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment