Tuesday, March 24, 2009

La Piscine Naturelle


So, last weekend after the visit to La Reserve my driver (yes I have a driver) took me to something called la piscine naturelle (the natural pool). When we first arrived I thought it was only this little cool waterfall that led into a small, but kind of dirty pool. There were some young adults (for lack of a better word) playing in the waterfall, etc. I had a chance to speak to one of them, and I discovered that they are from Belgium and France. Some of them work at the same place as I do.

After a quick sandwich for lunch, my driver tells me that there's more to see. So, we hike up a little bit further to a much larger waterfall. Then we ran into another Malagasi and he told my guide that the real "piscine naturelle" is up further. So, after about a 20 minute hike we arrived at the pisicine naturelle. So, the photo is of the real piscine naturelle. I saw some cool frogs and a hummingbird taking a drink of water. I have pics, but of course it would take way, way too long to upload them.

On a side note. Even though the hike was not strenuous, I was sweating like a fat man in a sauna. I guess its due to the heat and humidity.

2 comments:

  1. If you lost all of your body water by sweating, you should fit in a malnourished African. You need to work on your tan though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe you were sweating like a fat man because you need to lose some weight...

    ReplyDelete