Thursday, March 19, 2009

Paris

Le Louvre, duh
So, I scheduled my flights so that "I had to" spend 3-4 days in Paris.......I mean isn't life difficult sometimes??

Actually, I've already been to Paris 3 times.....so it wasn't a big deal, but it was still fun.

I was worried that the weather would suck since its March and its often rainy and cold in France, especially northern France.........but I was blessed and the weather was near perfect.

I have a french friend (Khoune) who lives near Disneyland outside of Paris, so I stayed with him. Also, I have a friend from SLC (Elle) who is studying in Paris for 2 semesters.

I hung out with Elle Saturday evening and went to a tiny concert with some french friends of hers. It was really cool....kind of some folky type music....interesting experience in Paris since that type of music isn't well known there.

Sunday, I just kind of wandered around the city and ate some delicious ice cream and pastries!

Monday, Elle and I explored the shopping district called Le Marais........its the gayborhood of Paris. Some shops were super high-end while others were more reasonable.... We also spent a lot of time trying the stereotypical french foods.....crepes, etc.

Tuesday, I went to Sacre Coeur......its an awesome white church set on a hill over-looking the entire city. I think its my favorite church....better than St. Peters, Notre Dame and maybe even the Sagrada Familial (in Barcelona, which is an awesome city).

I've got pics and I'll post them when I find the cord that connects my camera to my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment