Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Adventure


Since I often get tired of hanging out in my hotel, I try to get out on the weekends and visit around the area. Often, I have no idea where I am going or what I may or may not see. This weekend, I decided to head to the west (I think its the west). To the west is where the lush green area of the area around Ft Dauphin, turns into desert. At least that's what I've read..........

The national road leading out of town actually gets better the further you are away from town. I also think national road means road that was built once a long time ago and was never maintained after that. Some of the pot holes are bigger than my truck!! I imagine that a war zone has fewer pot holes than here.

The scenery leaving town is beautiful. Many more beautiful mountains and lots of vegetation and the occasional river. The bridges over the rivers do make me nervous.

Along the way I saw a few cemeteries. I didn't dare get too close to them because I'm afraid it would be "fady" which means taboo or something along those lines. I also found the entrance or an entrance to le parc national d'Andohahela. I hope to explore that park in the next few weeks.

That's all for this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Must be great getting around in your truck - I had many an adventure - even driving from Tana to FD? - Is it true that all of the hotels are fully booked? with people working either for or sub-contract to QMM

    ReplyDelete