Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mid-Point



Today is approximately the mid-point of my time here. While, I'm not exactly sure when I'll leave, I call it the mid-point. Actually, I think I'll know in the next two weeks when I'll go home. I prefer to finish here about August 28th and start traveling the 30th. Which means I would be back home around the 29th of September. Not that I'm already planning my vacation and thinking of the end........oops.

I decided to make a list of things that I like and dislike so far.

Likes: white sandy beaches, beautiful mountains, winters with temps in the 70's, most of the people at work, not having to clean or cook, seeing unforgettable things, unforgettable experiences, Lavanono, St Luce, etc, etc.

Dislikes: the roads (they are so horrible!!!!), cafeteria food, rain on the weekends, nothing to do at night, mosquitoes, some people at work, sometimes the beauty is ruined by the filth, nothing is convenient or easy, super slow internet.

However, this is a really good experience for 6 months, but I don't know if I could go longer than that. I see why people need a break every 3-4 months.

I'm looking forward to finishing my assignment and then taking 3-4 weeks to explore Madagascar, La Reunion and Cape Town, South Africa.

The picture is of the road leading to Lavanono. I hope to hike to Pic St Louis next Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. The question would be what could - would people want to do in FD at Night -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if there are any rental properties in FD?

    ReplyDelete